Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The take down!

Just when you think nothing interesting is going to happen to report on your new -and lame blog...someone gets arrested in the middle of your street. I know you're thinking sure, it happens every time. But it's never happened to me before. Sure -a guy was arrested on the SIDE street when we lived in Kirkland. That happened just as we were telling some friends with a new baby who were staying the night with us what a safe neighborhood it was. -Despite it being behind a bar. Timing sure sucked on that one. But I digress, we are not talking about side streets. This is smack dab in the front -neighborhood meeting and all. We were only missing the COPS camera crew.

Background- So a couple days ago I pull into the driveway and I see (I don't know his actual name- let's go with loser) ...loser standing topless in his fathers front yard. Hmm I think to myself, I thought he was in jail... again, must be out... again, bummer. Then loser starts walking toward me as I get my daughters out of the car. He says something, I wave like I'm shooing a fly away. (my daughter is instinctively afraid of him, so I go with that) he keeps walking past and turning and staring at us etc... So I think hmm creepy and call to tell my husband so he can finger the perp -just in case.

Moving on- A couple days later I'm coming home and a cop car is coming in the opposite direction, so I pull over, but no he stops and stares down my road for a while then turns in. I follow (since I live there), a man is standing in the middle of the street. He puts his hands up and lays down in the street as the cop car approaches. Despite the ease of "the takedown" cop cars continue to arrive in droves. They speed up on our street just so they can slam their brakes on 10 feet later, whatever. This is especially unhelpful since all the neighbors are out wondering who the man is surrounded by 10 police talking to him. So who is it? That's right, it's loser! And what has loser been doing for his 2 weeks of freedom. Apparently he's been doing bad things, heroin and walking up and down the street WITH KNIVES!! All while muttering that the neighbors are trying to get into his house to steal his checks. I know- you're thinking nice neighborhood Shauna. But it is nice, by this I don't mean expensive, I mean the people are nice. This mans father is even fairly nice. And we all feel badly for him, just not bad enough to want him around. And so ends a quiet day as loser ends his 2 week adventure with freedom... until next time, stay tuned -and get your own checks dangit!

0 comments: